CATALONIA GASTRONOMY PLAN
The Catalonia Gastronomy Plan is a compilation of over 120 sectoral expert contributions organised into ten areas: the economic significance of the sector; innovation; communication; training; internationalisation; local development; tourism; health; identity and heritage, and catering. The aim is to contribute to promoting and consolidating Catalan gastronomy and agri-food products as strategic sectors and essential features of our identity.
The project was an upshot of winning the title Catalonia European Region of Gastronomy (CREG) Award in 2016 and is still ongoing. Catalonia was put forward for the Award by Prodeca for the Regional Ministry of Livestock, Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, and the Catalan Tourist Board (ACT) for the Regional Ministry of Enterprise and Knowledge.
- Give a snapshot of the current state of the sector and its main axes.
- Identify key agents and promoters of gastronomy in Catalonia and foster partnerships.
- Identify the main challenges facing the food industry in the coming years.
- Use this diagnosis to define strategic areas to consolidate and strengthen the sector in the long term.
- Define the story of the agri-food sector based on three axes: product, gastronomy and territory.
Areas of work
The Gastronomy Plan is structured around ten areas of work that make up a core to guide future actions in the sector. These areas are:
- Gastronomy, snapshot of a sector of the economy.
- Gastronomy and innovation.
- Gastronomy and communication.
- Gastronomy and training.
- Internationalisation of Catalan gastronomy.
- Gastronomy in local and territorial development.
- Gastronomy and tourism.
- Gastronomy, nutrition, health and education.
- Gastronomy, identity and heritage.
- Gastronomy and catering.